Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog Self Interview

I started this blog to open peoples ideas about bioengineering. Many people think that bioengineering is only concerned with creating super humans through genetic engineering. In reality it is so much more, and I would like for anyone who has preconceptions about bioengineering to be more informed and open minded. Most of my posts so far have concerned some of the amazing medications that have come from bioengineering (except for my last one), but I have not really emphasised the ethics of bioengineering in any of my posts which I would like to start doing more of in the future. Ethics, being such a hot topic button, could also start a positive debate allowing more people to get their opinions out over my blog and increase the number of followers to my blog. I am also curious to see more of the general publics' opinion on bioengineering.

I try to keep the tone very light and colloquial so I don't scare anyone off even when I talk about DNA recombination. One strong point of this blog is the amount and simplicity of the information I provide, but the draw back of this is that I can get a little boring, sorry. I am trying to move away from lectures and the deficit model into more interesting open discussions by presenting ideas in different and fun ways.

I am personally a fan of most advances in bioengineering and I do try to present this view in my blog, but I am very open to discussions from opposing views and I would like for readers of my blog to know this. The real purpose of this blog is to inform and entertain the reader while sparking positive discussion on whats new with bioengineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment