Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hangover Cure Part 2

After my very exciting e-days I collected my "experimental data" on hangover cures. My hypothesis was that enough water and vitamins the night before would cure any hangover. My test started Wednesday night with a control, I consumed normal amounts of water and vitamins that day with a lot of alcohol that night. I woke up the next day with a hangover as expected. I had a massive headache and nausea. Thursday I was sipping on water whenever I was not drinking. The next day I woke up slightly dizzy but not too bad off. Friday I consumed the same amount of water and alcohol with a multi vitamin to cap off the night. I woke up 100% fine, no hangover! Saturday I thought it might just be the electrolytes I got from multi vitamin so I consumed the same amount of water and alcohol except I switched to Poweraid instead of water for 12oz. Again I woke up 100% fine with no hangover. So my conclusion is that hangovers can be prevented with lots of water and a full range of electrolytes.   This is not by far a conclusive experiment but it is a good initial look. If you would like to continue this experiment and tell me the results I would be grateful to hear your insights. If you actually have some of the hangover pills and can compare it to sports drink and water for you. I found that they hangover pills would have been a waste of money since I prevent hangovers for much cheaper.  


A few of these guys did not have as hangover free of an e-days as me.

3 comments:

  1. Um, of course I hope all of these students are of age, and that you had their permission to post their pictures. And I'm sure everyone drank responsibly.

    Anecdotally speaking, I believe popping a couple of ibuprofen before bed also helps. Anecdotally speaking.

    This would be better science communication if you had more science in it. By the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was a good experiment. I never thought about the vitamin or gatorade thing. I think this was a good first test for these theories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a guinea pig! Interesting results although your sample size is a wee bit small.

    ReplyDelete